In this blog we will be discussing how we can configure Price embedded barcode; for this please perform following steps in AX Retail Module:
- First configure bar code mask characters in retail (for example: product and price) (retail > setup > mask character)
2. Then create a new bar code masks setup selecting Product in type with selection of barcode standard in general tab (for instance code128), in Barcode mask segment add lines with Mask characters of price and product. For prefix using 1, and for length of product and prices using 4 and 6 respectively, and decimal as 2. (Retail > setup > barcode mask setup)
3. Configure a new Barcode setup. Add Barcode setup and description in General tab select Barcode type (using code 128), now select Mask ID from drop down (created in Barcode mask setup)( (retail > setup > barcode mask setup)
4. Now attach this barcode setup to item (item should have selling price). Go to retail tab of product and select created barcode setup.
5. Then create barcode of item in following way; 10000000000. Here 1=Prefix, 0000= Product and 000000= Price. In general tab select unit of measure (using Pcs as example)
General tab select unit of measure
Note: This setup is also applicable for items with weight as if vegetables etc. select Kgs as unit of measure.
In weighing scale when item is weighed it will take weight of item X unit price
In addition, it will print the barcode with net amount of price
Here 1 is prefix 0000 is item and 0250 is price
This is what weighing scale will print
Moreover, on POS it will do a backward calculation 250/item price = quantity
- Now execute assortments and run jobs
Now we will discuss a small but yet an important concept of AX 2012 that is ‘updating price with maintaining history of all prices’ . The purpose of using trade agreement over base price is to record and update pricing items including both product and product masters, for transactions.
For this create a new trade agreement for selling price from navigating through Sales and marketing > Journal > Price/ discount agreement journal.
now create a new journal
Add lines, validate and post the journal.
User can update price of any particular item number of times. Now perform following steps:
1. Create another trade agreement for updating prices, go to lines go to Select option.
2. Mark Prices in relations, select either All in customers/ vendors or select table to select customer/vendor from the drop down or select group to select price group against which trade agreement was previously created, then click on Select at bottom.
3. Previously created line will appear in the trade agreement lines, copy line from the menu, another line will appear, close your previous line by providing To Date, to expire that price.
Now provide From Date and provide new price in Amount in Currency field in your newly copied line.
Validate all lines, post the journal, run jobs and check new price at POS or Sales order, further view Trade agreement or sales prices in sell tab of particular item, which provides complete history of previous and new price
I hope this short tip will help you